My Notes From Dr. Al Lacy's King James Bible Seminar
by David J. Stewart | May 2016
Psalms 138:2, “I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.”
I attended a King James Bible seminar taught by Pastor Al Lacy (1933-2016) on July 27-31, 1992 at Hyles-Anderson College. It was one of my most cherished and memorable memories. I was privileged to meet Pastor Gayle Russ and his son from Evansville, Indiana, at the event. What a blessing! I took diligent notes. I found my old notes while looking through a box of old things this week. My heart leaped when I found the note pad. So here are my notes from the King James Bible seminar. I pray they will be as much a blessing to you as they still are to me. (By the way, you are welcomed to copy these notes and paste them elsewhere on the internet, as I want this information to get out to everyone.)
King James Bible 1611
Psalms 138:2, “I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.”
Matthew 4:4, “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
Jude 1:3, “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.”
“contend for the faith,” the Lord says.
We face three great battles today:
- BLESSED HOPE
Psalm 1 (7 words for God's Word)
- His way
Psalms 1:1 - “counsel of the ungodly” (kind of like the National Council Of Churches)
The battle over the Bible really got started in 1975.
Psalms 1:1 . . .
Luke 22:31-34, 54-55 - Peter walked with the ungodly “afar off” (verse 54), he stood by the fire (verse 55) and sat down (verse 55).
There can only be one Bible if God is not the author of confusion.
In Job's time, there was no written Word.
Job 11:7-8 - “canst thou find God by searching?” - No, you can't!
SIX CATEGORIES OF MANKIND (Every adult man and woman falls into one of the following categories):
- THEIST - A belief in one God.
- Good Theist - believes God has revealed Himself to man in writing, and we still have a preserved Book!
- Bad Theist - believes God has revealed Himself to man in writing, but since those written parchments have crumbled, we don't have God's Word.
- DEIST - There is an intelligent God, but He can't be known, so why go to church, pray, et cetera? No resurrection. Basic humanism.
*I'm a cracked nut, praise God! The shell of humanism was cracked by the Word of God. Humanism is the nut.
- PANTHEISM - Everything is God—rats, mice, man, et cetera. God is nature and nature is God. This is the New Age Movement.
MAN SEEKS GOD IN FIVE BASIC PLACES (or among):
- Heavens (You can see His handiwork only)
- Sea (The water is higher than the land; yet doesn't flood)
- Nature (animal kingdom)
- Man (no two faces, retinas, fingerprints or voices are alike)
Is God here? “canst thou find God by searching?” No! Question then: Can I know God. Answer: Yes!
You can know Jesus!
John 17:3, “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”
You can know you're saved!
1st John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
THREE UNIVERSAL QUESTIONS OF MAN:
- Where did I come from? (Genesis 1:27; 5:1-2 - God created all men)
- Why am I here? (Revelation 4:11 - to please God)
- Where am I going? (Psalms 23:1-7 - “In the house of the Lord”)
*Revelation 21:8 - “the unbelieving” shall have their part in Hell!
* If you're lost, you're not a sheep, but a goat. A sheep has a shepherd, a goat does not!
*The King James Bible has 810,697 words.
*Man's heart (on the average) beats 4,800 times per hour; 115,000 times a day; 43,048,000 times a year; and 2,943,360,000 times in 70 years (not including any physical activity). Don't tell me there's no God!
*Did your watch explode into a watch? Of course not! Then why should I believe the “BIG BANG” theory? We time our planned, carefully designed, watches by the stars. Don't tell me you're an atheist!
- AGNOSTIC - “I don't know,” he says. Is there a God?
- POLYTHEIST - There are many Gods.
- ATHEIST - No good, a fool because he believes in no God! Madelyn Murray O'Hare lives in Austin, Texas, today (a very hated woman that has spent her life telling people that there is no God. She rides a bicycle because no one will sell the fat slob any gas. She has vowed to spend her life destroying what does not exist!).
GOD SPEAKS TO MAN IN THREE WAY:
- Audibly - (Genesis 2 - with His own voice)
- Prophets - [Hebrews 1:1; Jeremiah 1 - “My words” (plural)]
*God's “Words” are inspired, not just the Word (Ezekiel 2:7 and 3:4 “words”; Isaiah 51:6 “words”).
- Writing - Scripture = God's Words written down (Exodus 24:4; Matthew 2:5-6; Matthew 4:4; John 20:30-31; 1st John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you”; John 17).
*Most Christian colleges today are infiltrated with satanic humanism.
*Psalms 12:6-7 - God promises to preserve and keep His Words (“them” Who is “them”? Answer: His Words.
“thou shalt preserve them” Ok, if God promises to PRESERVE His Words, then is God a liar or a wimp not to mean what He said?
*The bad theist (Neo) has called God a liar!
*QUESTION: By what authority do you discredit the preservation of God's Word? You can't use any Scripture because you don't believe it's reliable.
II Corinthians - “we are not ignorant of his devices”
- Satan is a liar! - he told Eve “thou shalt not die,” but Genesis 5:5 shows us where Adam died. God said he would die if he ate the forbidden fruit. Who lied? Satan!
- Satan always starts his attack on a positive note. “Yea (or yes, positive) hath God said?” Watch out!
Two Types Of Questions:
- An “asking question” (e.g., The rich young ruler - Mark 9:28-29; mark 10:17).
- A “telling (or saying) question,” which is no question at all, but is intended to deceive and cast doubt (e.g., “Yea, hath God said?,” but no question is asked; or Pilate questioning Jesus in John 18:37, “Pilate saith” - he didn't ask - that's why Jesus said, “Thou sayest it”).
*The enemy uses this deceptive questioning to cast doubt! “Did God really say that?” It looks like a question, but it's not! It's a statement of disbelief!
*Two-thirds of today's Christians want to fight over the King James issue; We're in the one-third percent crowd! It's a battle raging hot. If God communicates through His Word to man, and if man can only please God by knowing Him, and if man can only know God through His Word—Then mark it down, Satan hates the King James Bible!
*The King James Bible has been translated over and over and then translated into English by man, but God oversaw the entire process; hence, our King James Bible is either the perfect, infallible, incorruptible, inspired, preserved, holy Words of God almighty or else God is a liar (Psalms 12:6-7).
*South American natives will split the skin and use bamboo sticks to sew rocks into their body (wound). Why? They know sin must be paid for. They do it sincerely with tears in their eyes.
- The Enemy
- The Troublemakers
- The Alexandrians
- The Translations
- The Inspiration (in-spirited)
- The Preservation
- The Perversions
*Notice how many times “ungodly” is mentioned in Jude!
*I am to be looking for Jesus, not the Antichrist. I could give a flip who he is! The last thing I am told to look for in God's Word is the blessed hope (Titus 2).
THE KING JAMES BIBLE
Matthew 4:4 - Satan can't take more than three stabs. The Word of God is too powerful! He fled in Matthew 4. The Scriptures reveal Satan's methods—he misquotes Scripture. Psalms 91:12 (Satan changes the Scripture)
“to keep thee in all thy ways” is left out in Matthew 4 - Satan wanted Jesus to forget being united with God's Word.
John 8:29—Jesus always pleases God!
“lest at any time” was added in Matthew 4
Matthew 4:8 - Satan is persistent; he is good at some things, good for nothing! “again”
*Satan always tries to come up with a better plan. An easy way out! He tried to convince Jesus in Matthew 4:9 that He could avoid the cross and still rule the earth. But, Satan overlooked one thing - “It is written,” “It is written” - The Scriptures!
*Jesus showed us our means of defense against any attack, know The Scriptures!
*If God can use man to give us the originals (perfect, infallible, et cetera), then God can use man to give us our modern day copy—The King James Bible.
Psalms 12:6-7 - “Thou,” “Thou” - It's not man that preserves, it is God! To say that the Bible has not been preserved is to say either:
- God is a liar (or)
- God was too puny to do what He promised.
No, man and Satan are the liars!
Isaiah 14:12-17 - Lucifer said “I will” five times.
*Satan never wanted God's holiness or God's love, but God's power. Satan (as man) wants power.
*An imitator is a counterfeiter!
*Satan has a son! What? Yes, turn to Genesis 3:15 - “thy seed”.
Two seeds are mentioned:
- Woman's seed (Jesus) - Man is born of man's seed, not woman's seed, but Jesus was born of a virgin.
- Satan's seed (the son of perdition) - A literal body. Satan cannot produce a virgin birth, but he can produce a son. Satan's son will have all of Satan's power (In Revelation 13 his son is killed and then resurrected).
- Jesus (Satan has a resurrection too - Revelation 13)
- Christians (wheat and tares)
- The Church (Catholic = Mother of Harlots/Protestants = The Harlots). Acts 26:16 - God calls preachers! Some Protestants could be saved, but Protestant = Harlotry.
- Preachers (II Corinthians 11:3-4, 14)
*There is another Jesus! Catholics, JW's, Mormons have a Jesus, but he is not real.
*II Corinthians 11:14 - “therefore” means it is there for a reason”
*A Woman preacher may say that God has called her to preach; Yes, god with a small “g” (Satan - II Corinthians 4:4).
- Satan (Satan has his own Bible too! Psalms 68:11 - God has one true Bible! Psalms 68:11, “The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.” “The Lord,” “The Lord” “The company”.
*If there are counterfeit Bibles, then obviously there must be a real one.
*To recognize counterfeit money, employees are told to study real money; hence, to recognize counterfeit Bibles, we need to study the real Word of God.
*The Alexandrian people are our true enemies! They are usually sincere (II Corinthians 11:3-4 - These people were sincere).
*The Devil is out to destroy you and your ministry.
THREE RESULTS OF EVE'S SIN
- The will of God is questioned
- The will of God is resisted
- The will of God is deserted
*A big crowd doesn't mean anything. John MacArthur may have 10,000 on Sunday, but the Pope can have 30,000,000 in 30 minutes! (numbers means nothing).
A 3-FOLD DOUBTING
- Eve doubted God's veracity (that God says what He means and means what He says - Genesis 3:1)
- Eve doubted God's severity (Genesis 3:4-5)
- Eve doubted God's motives (Genesis 3:6 - Eve saw evil as good and doubted God)
*Satan knows that “Every effective lie has some truth in it” (This is why cults are so dangerous, they have truth mixed with error. This is why we must know God's Word).
*If I were going to sell you a bushel of bad apples, I would put the good ones on the top. Am I smarter than Satan? No, Satan puts truth on top, with heresy down below!
*I could feed you a delicious meal with just a few grams of arsenic and you wouldn't known it right away, but in one week you would be dead. This is what John MacArthur does! And Satan!
*The New International Version (NIV) is truth wrapped around deadly lies!
*Secular courts demand the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
- God doeth know (Satan knows he's lying)
- Your eyes shall be opened
- You shall be as God's (this doesn't mean it'll be good)
- Knowing good and evil
*Psalms 82:1, “God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.”
*I John 2:16, “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” - Having your eyes opened is not always good!
*Deuteronomy 1:35-39 - God said those who knew good and evil would not pass over Jordan.
*Romans 4:15 and 5:12-14 - This is why children go to Heaven. They don't know good and evil yet. Knowing the difference condemns a man.
*John 8:44 - Satan is a liar! He wants to take mankind to Hell with him (Revelation 20:10). Satan is a murderer (John 8:44).
*Soulwinning is the remedy!
*Psalms 19:7 - “The law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul” - If your word is not perfect, then you cannot be saved.
*QUESTION: Does the Holy Spirit breathe on error? No, no, no! Then how can a man be saved out of an NIV or an ASV? If the Holy Spirit doesn't breathe, you can't get saved!
*I Corinthians 13:8 - “prophecies”
*Prophecy is not always “foretelling,” but can also be “forth telling” (preaching)!
*James 1:18 - “begat” (born-again) - If my Bible has one lie or error in it, then it's not the Word of truth! How can I be born-again by a non-word-of-truth Bible? You can't!
*James 1:25 - “perfect” law of liberty.
*I Peter 1:22-23 - “incorruptible seed” which liveth and abideth FOREVER!
*What is incorruptible seed? ANSWER: The King James Bible! What is corruptible seed? ANSWER: The NIV, ASV, NAS, NKJV, et cetera.
*You cannot be born-again by corruptible seed!
*Luke 8:4-15 - “The seed is the Word of God” (verse 11) - If Satan works hard enough to remove the genuine seed of God from the lost man's heart (verse 12), how much more would he rather take away the Word of God?
*DO NOT USE A FALSE BIBLE AS A STUDY SOURCE! You can't get help from Satan!
*If a man professes salvation from a corrupt Bible, he's a liar! You say, wait a minute; No, you wait a minute! God's Word claims this to be so, not me. I Peter 1:22-23 - “born of incorruptible seed”
*I Kings 17:1-4 - “a man of God” - I Kings 18:17 “art thou he that troubleth Israel?”; Verse 18 - Not me pal, it's you buddy and your whole family! You're the troublemakers!
*The Alexandrians believe in an inspired, inerrant, infallible, Word of God, but have never seen it and don't have it - This they believe! What good is a phantom Bible?
*Fundamentalists get blamed for today's religious problems, but it is the Devil's crowd (the Alexandrians).
*Psalms 119:102 - “For thou hast taught me” (The Holy Spirit taught me that the Bible is God's Word).
*God does not deal in BEST, but in ONLY. Is the blood best? No, it's the only method! Is Jesus the best Savior? No, he's the only Savior! Is Paul's Gospel the best? No, it's the only Gospel! Is the King James Bible the best? No, it's the only Holy Bible!
*You cannot be gray, it's black or white!
*In 1953 the Revised Standard Version (RSV) came out and Baptist preachers burned it!
*Then came the NASV (the New Standard Perversion). Then the Living Perversion. Then the NIV (with as its goal, to put the old archaic English King James Bible into modern day understandable English - WHAT A LIE! Why don't we change or update Shakespeare? Why don't we revise poetry?
*In 1973 the NIV comes out!
*Alexandrians don't get excited about their new translations, and they criticize the King James Bible (the real Bible).
*Jerry Falwell said, “If you believe the King James Bible is infallible, you are a cultist.”
*II Timothy 4:3 - Modernists don't have sound doctrine; this verse refers to fundamentalists! People want teachers, not preachers! Do you hear Neo's preaching on Hell? No! Ask the lifestyle evangelist, “How many have you won?”
*Nine of the Ten Commandments are negative. If your preaching is not mostly negative, you're not a Bible preacher! The only positive thing about Norman Vincent Peale is that he's a dork!
*You depart from the faith when you get away from the Book!
*II Timothy 4:1-4 - Watch out for Thomas Nelson Bibles! Do not buy one! His little footnotes try to correct the King James Bible! You can't trust Nelson Bibles!
*The 7,000 Club (I Kings 17) - You are not alone!
*We live by faith, walk by faith, die by faith, get saved by faith, et cetera! Hence, I “by faith” hold to the King James Bible! It's by faith! I don't need proof!
*The King James Bible 1611 stopped the Dark Ages!
*Only the USA (English speaking people) have sent out missionaries in recent centuries.
*I expect God's Word to be above the language of the street.
*If you can't define “thee” and “thou,” you're ready for the Funny Farm anyway!
*The King James Bible is written in beautiful Elizabethan English. Try to memorize the NIV and you'll flop. No one memorizes the NIV!
*Every language goes up and up, plateaus out and then goes down hill. God gave us our King James Bible at the climax of the English language. Praise God! I'm a troublemaker!
King James Bible (Received Text, Textus Receptus in Latin, or the Majority Text) - These texts were collected from Antioch, Syria.
All others (Vaticanus or Sinaiticus Text - Both came from Alexandria, Egypt - Also called the Minority Text).
*Only the King James Bible 1611 is translated from the Antioch texts. Let's see what God thinks about Antioch and Alexandria.
- ANTIOCH (Acts 6:1-7 - The first mention of Antioch. Only one man in this list has his home town mentioned, Antioch (“the Word of God” is mentioned). God deliberately points out that Nicolas came from Antioch. Acts 6:9 - “disputing with Stephen” - QUESTION: Who disputed with the man of God about the Word of God? ANSWER: The Alexandrians! “false witnesses” (verse 13). Praise God in verse 10 - “they were not able to resist”!
Verse 12 - “council” (like National or World Council)
Alexandrians are disputers! (Acts 6:9)
Acts 11:19-20 - “preaching the word” (The Word of God was preached at Antioch) - Verse 19 - The disciples travel to Antioch.
Verse 24 - Much people are added unto the Lord (saved).
Verse 26 - “the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.” Christian means “like Christ.” The enemies saw Jesus like believers in Antioch and called them Christians.
Verse 27 - “in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch”
*Why don't you call yourselves something besides Baptist? Baptist isn't in the Bible. Dummy, if God put the name “Baptist” on the local New Testament Church—the Pope, JW's and Mormons would all call themselves Baptists. They've done it with the term “Christian”! Baptist is in the Bible. Matthew 3:1 - “John the Baptist” (capital B).
You're not a painter until you paint. You're not a truck driver until you drive. John hadn't baptized anyone yet in Matthew 3:1, yet John is called a “Baptist.” But you say, “I can't get that out of the Bible!” You're right, you never will! Jesus was baptized by a Baptist. Yeah, Baptist! Acts 1:20-21 - All of the Disciples were baptized by John the Baptist.
Mary was a Baptist - Wait until the Catholics find out they've been praying to a Baptist!
“John the baptizer” - Some claim this is the proper translation, but it's not.
Go To Page Two | Page Three
* * * * * * *
Evangelist (“Al”) Lew Arlen Lacy
(April 23, 1933 - June 26, 2016)
* * * * * * *
THE BATTLE OF THE AGES
(an awesome King James Bible only sermon by Dr. Jack Hyles)
MP3 Sermons by Pastor Al Lacy...
believe this King James Bible is the ONLY Bible!”
—Dr. Jack Hyles, a quote from the great sermon, “I Find No Fault In This Man!”
THE BLOOD SPRINKLED BOOK! (MP3, an awesome defense of the King James Bible by Dr. Al Lacy)