A Dire Warning About Dr. James Strong
by David J. Stewart | January 2018
2nd Corinthians 2:17, “For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.”
One of the most dangerous of false prophets in churches today is Dr. James Strong (1822-1894). What is wrong with James Strong you say? I am glad you asked my friend. First, I'd like to say, “Thank you!,” to Dr. Gail Riplinger, to whom Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001) presented a much deserved honorary doctorate degree, to a hard-working lady who also has earned degrees. I am thankful for the work of Miss Riplinger upholding the truth for the Lord!!!
Here is some hard-hitting vital information from chapter 7 (“Strong Delusion”) of Miss Riplinger's excellent book titled, “HAZARDOUS MATERIALS” | PDF...
Summary: James Strong of Strong’s Concordance
1. Strong was a member of the Westcott and Hort Revised Version Committee (RV) of 1881 and worked in masterminding this corrupt version.
2. Strong was also a member of the American Standard Version Committee, finally published in 1901. It said that Jesus Christ was a creature, not the Creator.
3. On these committees Strong joined Unitarians (e.g. Thayer), a child molester (Vaughan), followers of Luciferian H.P. Blavatsky (e.g. Ginsburg, Schaff), and a horde of Bible critics (e.g. S. R. Driver), who together changed nearly 10,000 words of the text.
4. Strong’s Concordance definitions are often the very words of these corrupt versions and also the Koran.
5. Strong also gathered his definitions from Gesenius’ corrupt Hebrew Lexicon. His work also accesses the corrupt lexicons of Liddell-Scott, Thayer, Brown, Driver, and Briggs. All merit chapters in this book.
6. Strong’s Greek text is not always that which underlies the King James Bible.
7. Strong’s various definitions may not give anywhere near a literal translation of the Greek.
8. Some of the latest editions of Strong’s Concordance are not even Strong’s original. In the Greek and Hebrew lexicons in the back section, they contain even more corrupt definitions from new version editors. In the main body of the concordance, which originally was correct, new editions omit important KJB usages of the word ‘Jesus’ in order to match corrupt new versions.
James Strong’s Concordance Greek and Hebrew Lexicon
James Strong (1822-1894), author of Strong’s Concordance, has been elevated to the position of fourth member of the Trinity by many. His corrupt Greek and Hebrew definitions pepper today’s preaching, as if his lexicon was the final and 67th book of the Bible. His liberal definitions are used as quick and weak patches to fill a void in sermons. The space would be better filled by a laborious looking up of all the Bible’s usages of a word.
James Strong of the Corrupt RSV and ASV Committees
Strong’s liberal views got him a Committee seat on the corrupt Revised Version (RV) of 1881 with Westcott, Hort, and Vaughan, as well as a seat on the American Standard Version (ASV) committee with Schaff and Unitarian J. Henry Thayer (finally published in 1901). Westcott and Hort sought American Bible critics to join them in their work on the Revised Version. In 1870 the British Committee voted “to invite the cooperation of some American divines” (Matthew Brown Riddle, The Story of the Revised New Testament American Standard Edition, Philadelphia: The Sunday School Times, 1908, p. 11). Strong became “a member of the Old Testament company of revisers” (New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, New York: Funk and Wagnall’s Company, vol. XI, p. 115). Strong was hand-selected by American RV chairman Philip Schaff, who was also a participant in the new age Parliament of World Religions.
“The Rev. Philip Schaff, D.D., LL.D., Professor of Sacred Literature in The Union Theological Seminary, New York, by invitation of the English New Testament Company prepared a draft of rules for cooperation, and a list of names J STRONG DELUSION 163 of biblical scholars who should probably best represent the different denominations and literary institutions in this movement. The suggestions were submitted to the British Committee and substantially approved” (Introduction by Dr. Schaff to The Revision of the English Version of the New Testament, 1872).
Philip Schaff denied the inspiration of the Bible and only chose committeemen who agreed that the Bible had never been inspired; he called ‘inspiration,’ “the moonshine theory of the inerrant apostolic autographs” (See New Age Bible Versions for more details, p. 458; David Schaff, The Life of Phillip Schaff, NY: Scribner’s Sons, 1897, pp. 439, 351, 357, 434-435).
SOURCE: Dr. Gail Riplinger, chapter 7 - Strong Delusion, from her wonderful book, “HAZARDOUS MATERIALS” | PDF).
Strong's Concordance Definitions
The definitions in the Greek and Hebrew Lexicon in the back of Strong's Concordance are often not literal renderings of the Greek or Hebrew word. For example, the Greek word deisidaimonia, used in Acts 17:22, is made up of two words, 'fear' and 'devil' (daimon). The King James correctly interprets 'fearing devils' as being "too superstitious." Propelled by views that 'other' religions are to be respected, the Strong's Concordance and his ASV pretend the word is "very religious." Both the ASV and Strong's Concordance turn a stern warning into a high compliment.
When reading the so-called definitions in Strong's Concordance (in the Greek and Hebrew Lexicons in the back), one is really often just reading Strong's corrupt American Standard Version (and sometimes also his 1881 Revised Version), which is now seen often in versions such as the NIV, NASB, NKJV, ESV, HCSB, NAB, NJB, et cetera. Note the following examples:
King James Bible —
Strong's Corrupt Lexicon Definition —
Strong's American Standard Version 1901 —
Godhead (King James Bible)
divinity (This is what it says in Strong's Corrupt Concordance)
divinity (This is what it says in Strong's American Standard Version)
one is your Master, even Christ
one is your teacher
demonic being 1., deity
Greek And Hebrew Study
Dangers: The Voice Of Strangers,
The Men Behind The Smokescreens, Burning Bibles Word By Word!!!
(an awesome 2:34 hour YouTube video presentation by Professor Gail Riplinger)
Perfection Or Perversion Of The Holy Scriptures? (1:04 MP3 presentation by Dr. Riplinger)
Hazardous Materials (an excellent 2:34 hour MP3 lecture by Dr. Gail Riplinger)
of the child of God is that he loves everybody!”
(a quote from Pastor Jack Hyles' classic MP3 sermon, “FORGIVENESS”)