The Importance Of A Pretribulation Rapture
By David J. Stewart | April 2015
The Biblical teaching (doctrine) of the Pretribulation Rapture is not a trifle matter. The Lord foretold of His imminent return in Matthew 24:44.
As we have seen, Jesus, Paul, James, and Peter taught that the return of Christ was imminent and was to be expected at any time (Matthew 24:44; Philippians. 4:5; James 5:8-9; 1 Peter 4:7). The early Christians lived in expectation of Christ’s return and the literal fulfillment of the prophecies (1st Thessalonians 1:9-10).
The doctrine of a pretribulational Rapture is a great motivator for purifying one’s personal Christian life.
1. It encourages the believer in trials and persecutions. “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words” (1st Thessalonians 4:17-18).
2. It keeps the church’s focus on the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:44-48; Acts 1:8). It teaches us that preaching the gospel, winning people to Christ, and establishing churches as the pillar and ground of the truth is the most urgent matter. D.L. Moody had it right when he said: “I look upon this world as a wrecked vessel. God has given me a lifeboat and said to me, ‘Moody, save all you can.’”
3. It motivates us to be busy in the Lord’s work (1st Corinthians 15:58).
4. It motivates us to live obedient lives (1st John 3:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 5:4-7).
5. It motivates us to separate from evil (Titus 2:13-14).
6. It keeps believers on the outlook for heresy and apostasy (2nd Timothy 4:3-4; 1st John 2:24-28).
Learn Bible Prophecy
love God who doesn't love sinners!”
(a quote by Dr. Jack Hyles classic MP3 sermon, “The Happiest Man” (happiest is the man who will not impute sin to others!)
If you believe what the Bible teaches, attend a church that teaches the Bible!
Another Gospel Which Is Not Another (a red-hot MP3 by Dr. Curtis Hutson exposing Lordship Salvation)
Ye Must Be Born Again!| You Need HIS Righteousness! | Believe The Gospel