Did Jesus Consider Jews Superior to Gentiles?
by David J. Stewart | January 2017
Matthew 15:31, “Insomuch that the
multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak,
the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.”
No, not at all. Many people misinterpret the following passage of Scripture. Jesus said that He was sent to the HOUSE OF ISRAEL. The Jews had been waiting for the promise of their Messiah to come for millenniums. Christ's virgin birth was prophesied in Isaiah 7:14 (700 years before Christ).
Every year when the Jewish highpriest took the blood of a spotless male lamb, and sprinkled that shed blood on the mercy seat in the holy of holies, the sins of the people were covered for another year. This was a ceremonial law, which continued until Christ once and for all died on the cross, raised up, ascended into Heaven, and sprinkled His liquid blood upon the heavenly Mercy Seat in the Holy Place (Hebrews 9:12, 24; 12:24). The time had finally come. The blessed Messiah was here!!!
In John 4:25-26, Jesus plainly told the Samaritan woman at the well that He is the Messiah, “The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.” So now we see that the Messiah has come, to the house of Israel. But they rejected Him, spitting upon Him, crucifying Him to a cross, and Christ died for our sins. He was buried. Three days later Jesus bodily resurrected from the dead and was seen by several hundred witnesses (1st Corinthians 15:6). Matthew 21:43, “Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you [Jews], and given to a nation [Gentiles] bringing forth the fruits thereof.” Paul never would have said what Jesus said about Gentiles being “dogs,” because at that point Jesus was still reaching out to His own people. But it was over for the Jews, when they rejected and crucified their Messiah, the people saying to Pilate, “His blood be on us, and on our children” (Matthew 27:25). It was as they wished, in 70 AD when Rome invaded and utterly destroyed Jerusalem.
The Gospel was then entrusted to the Gentiles, and is still today. By God's grace, the Gentiles have preached the Gospel to all four corners of the earth. Is God finished with the children of Israel? Yes and no. Yes, Israel was cut off in 586 BC. No, by faith a Jew can be graffed back into true Israel (Romans 11:23-24). Only born-again people, Jew or Gentile, are today God's people. No unsaved Jew will ever enjoy Heaven. No saved Gentile will ever be treated like a dog by God.
Glorify the God of Israel, Not Israel or the Jews
Matthew 15:31 says the people GLORIFIED THE GOD OF ISRAEL. They didn't glorify Israel, nor the Jews; but rather, THE GOD OF ISRAEL. Zionism glorifies Israel and the Jews, but the Holy Bible glorifies THE GOD OF ISRAEL. Don't forget that!!!
Let's read the following passage of Scripture and then I'll make several observations:
Matthew 15:22-31, “And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour. And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there. And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.”
Here are SEVEN important doctrinal observations:
- Jesus was magnifying the HOUSE OF ISRAEL, not the biological Jewish ethnicity. Notice that in response to Christ's miracles in verse 31, the people GLORIFIED THE GOD OF ISRAEL, NOT THE JEWS! Zechariah 2:8, “For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.” Israel is the apple of God's eye. When heathen nations attacked Israel, God judged them! Even when Israel had sinned, and God judged them with heathen nations, God later punished those heathen nations. The special thing was the God of Israel and His holy nation, not the sinful Jews. God protected the Jews because they were children of His holy nation. When the Jews sinned, God no longer protected them; but He always punished the heathen nations who attacked HIS NATION. Exodus 19:5-6 plainly teaches that God's blessings to the Jews themselves was ALWAYS CONDITIONAL. But God's kingdom promises to Israel are unconditional, applying to the nation of Israel. God cut off Israel in 586 BC when Babylon annihilated Israel. The children of Israel were scattered throughout the world. THERE IS NO TRUE NATION OF ISRAEL TODAY!!! Hosea 3:4-5 teaches, “For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.” The children of Israel are still today without all the things mentioned. Notice that the Bible very plainly teaches that only when the children of Israel SEEK THE LORD THEIR GOD, will the nation be restored. What happened in 1948 is manmade Israel, not the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Israel today has not sought after THE LORD THEIR GOD. In fact, they adamantly reject Jesus Christ and are seeking THE ANTICHRIST!!! They will receive the Antichrist when he appears, which is why he will stand in the temple in Jerusalem and wickedly claim to be God (2nd Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15). Notice carefully that the Bible teaches God's people in the future will be composed of MANY NATIONS. Zechariah 2:11-12, “And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.” When Jesus Christ returns are restores TRUE ISRAEL, all born-again believers will be a part of God's people. There is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:29). This shoots down the arrogant, prejudiced and unbiblical claim that the Jews are somehow “The Master Race” and superior to Gentiles. Many self-proclaimed “Jews” have relocated to manmade Israel since 1948, demanding that the Christian church bless them, but there is no blessing promised to them, for they are not God's children. Romans 2:28-29, “For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” Could the Scripture be any plainer? I think not.
- The Canaanite woman WORSHIPPED Jesus as God, because He is God. All of the modern Bible revisions corrupt the Scriptures, removing every mention of someone “worshipping” Jesus to a mere “knelt” or “bowed.” Any honest person can plainly see that the Alexandrian texts attack the Deity of Jesus Christ. For example: Look what the satanic Easy-To-Read Version says in Matthew 15:25, “Then the woman came over to Jesus and bowed before him. She said, 'Lord, help me!'” The accurate King James Bible reads in Matthew 15:25, Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.”
- Jesus wasn't degrading the woman by calling her a “dog”; but rather, He was magnifying the importance of Israel as God's nation. Salvation came (time-wise) to the Jews first, and then to the Gentiles (Romans 1:16). The Canaanites historically were a wicked tribe of people, who originated demon-worship and child sacrifice. The woman came worshipping Jesus as God. The Lord simply wanted her to know that salvation comes through the God of Israel. Matthew 15:31,“they glorified the God of Israel.” Churches that glorify Israel and the Jews today are sinning, totally misinterpreting the Scriptures!!! We ought to be glorifying THE GOD OF ISRAEL!!!!!!! That's exactly what Matthew 15:31 says!!!
- The Canaanite woman's daughter was grievously vexed with a devil (demon). Many teenagers (and adults) who've committed unthinkable crimes in the United States have later testified that they were under the power of demons. The world hasn't changed from New Testament times. Demon-possession is still common today. We don't see it as much in the U.S., because we don't know what to look for. Mark 5:1-15 gives us some possible signs: public nudity, staying up all night, insanity, violence, perversion, abnormal strength, contempt for Jesus Christ, cutting one's self with objects, et cetera. Demon-possession is a lot more prevalent than most people realize. I'm not saying that everyone who stays up all night is demon-possessed, but the Bible says the possessed man in Mark 5 cried out NIGHT AND DAY (verse 5), cutting himself with stones, running around naked in public. Ah, but when Jesus came, the man was found sitting in his right man, and clothed, at Jesus' precious feet.
- God's original intent was for Abraham's seed (later called the children of “Israel,” the name the Lord gave to Jacob after an all night wrestle) to become ambassadors to the Gentile world (Exodus 19:5-6). God wanted the Hebrews to be a peculiar people, zealous about righteousness, fervent about the things of God, a holy people, who would bear the precious seed of the Gospel to the world.
- Most American churches have been deceived by Dr. Cyrus I. Scofield's DISPENSATIONALISM heresy. If all you had was a King James Bible, you'd never find Dispensationalism, not in a thousandd years!!! Dispensationalism is the theological backbone of Zionism, promoting manmade Israel and the sinful glorification of Israel and the Jews. We are supposed to glorify THE GOD OF ISRAEL, not the Jews nor Israel. Jesus was magnifying the GOD OF ISRAEL, not the biological Jewish ethnicity. Matthew 15:31 says the people GLORIFIED THE GOD OF ISRAEL. They didn't glorify Israel, nor the Jews; but rather, THE GOD OF ISRAEL. Zionism glorifies Israel and the Jews, but the Holy Bible glorifies THE GOD OF ISRAEL. Don't forget that!!!
- We are told repeatedly in the holy Scriptures that God is no respecter of persons. Romans 2:11, “For there is no respect of persons with God.” Romans 10:12, “For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.” Acts 10:34, “Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.” God loves Gentiles just as much as Jews, but salvation is of the house of Israel. Jesus was born of royalty from a kingly line from David. Matthew traces Christ's lineage back to David, evidencing Christ's right to claim the throne of David one day when true Israel is restored. The book of Luke traces Christ's lineage back to Adam, proving that Jesus is also of human origin (through Mary). That's really interesting. That's why the Bible gives us these lineages, to establish Christ's person. Of course, Jesus had no earthly father, for God almighty is Jesus' biological Father (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-3, 14; 10:33; 14:1-2). God will save anybody, whether Jew or Gentile, who comes to Him by faith alone in His only begotten Son, the Christ. In Christ we are all equal, one, unified, and no one is superior to others merely because their DNA is different. The Canaanite woman was granted her request for her faith, not her DNA makeup. Faith in Jesus Christ is missing in Israel today. Hebrews 11:6 teaches that “without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please him” [God]. END
—Dr. Jack Hyles (a great quote from the classic sermon, “
Psalms 116:15, “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.”
“The only inspired Words of God
are in the King James Bible!”
—Dr. Jack Hyles (an awesome quote —Dr. Jack Hyles (THE REAL BATTLE!”)
“And brother, any time anybody ever casts any reflection upon the accuracy and the inspiration—verbal inspiration—of this Bible, I'll guarantee you he was inspired by the demons. I'll guarantee you! I don't care if he's got a 'reverend' in front of his name. I don't care if he has a clerical collar on. I don't care what school he's been to. He's of the Devil if he says that the Bible is not verbally inspired by God!” —Dr. Jack Hyles, a great quote from the awesome MP3 sermon titled, “Satan's masterpiece.”
BATTLE OF THE AGES (MP3 by Dr. Hyles, “The King James Bible crowd is going to come out on top!”)