Discerning The Movie 'COME SUNDAY' With The Holy Bible
By David J. Stewart | June 2019
1st John 4:1,
“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits
whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”
The 2018 Netflix movie 'COME SUNDAY' is an ungodly film, clearly intended to confuse millions of people, blurring the lines between Biblical Christianity and demonic New Age philosophies. ...
Come Sunday is a newly released Netflix biopic about the real-life Bishop Carlton Pearson and his crisis of faith. The once popular preacher became ostracized by his own church, Higher Dimensions when he began preaching that there is no hell.
At one time, Higher Dimensions was one of the largest churches in Tulsa, Oklahoma with an average attendance of about 6,000. Pearson's sermons were heard all over the world.
Preaching the new doctrine caused him to lose favor with fellow preachers and with those in his congregation. They found it hard to believe what Pearson was preaching. Even so, the evangelist did not back away from what he insisted God had revealed to him.
The film depicts the moving story of Bishop Pearson's personal journey from leading a megachurch to being labeled a heretic.
SOURCE: Bishop Carlton Pearson's Preaching That There is No Hell
Kindly, Bishop Carlton Pearson is a fool according to the Holy Bible. No one who teaches that everyone is saved is a genuine born-again Christian! In the movie, Bishop Pearson teaches that everyone on the planet is already saved (i.e., on their way to Heaven), since the Bible says that Christ died for all. Pearson is twisting the Scriptures, misrepresenting what the Bible actually teaches.
Mr. Pearson quotes 1st John 2:2 to support his heresy that everyone is saved, “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” Satan knows that the most effective deception is the half-truth! That is, the best place to hide a LIE is between two TRUTHS! Yes, it is true that Jesus Christ died on the cross for the whole world, unbelievers included (we were all unbelievers at one time). And it is also true that God loves everybody with an unconditional love, which is the very reason why God sent His only begotten Son into the world to die on the cross to redeem mankind. However, the lie is that everyone is automatically saved. Bishop Pearson is woefully ignorant of the Holy Scriptures, and never should have been ordained or allowed to stand behind any church pulpit! What saith the Scripture?
Mr. Pearson doesn't mention the following four passages of Scripture, which cancel his false claim that everyone is already saved:
- John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Here we see that you MUST be “born again” to enter into God's Kingdom.
- Also, we read in Matthew 7:13-14, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Again, the Holy Scriptures warn us that “FEW” people find the way unto eternal life. Furthermore, the Bible says that “MANY” people are traveling the wide gate and the broad way unto destruction. The “broad way” definitely includes the Satanic idea of an all-inclusive plan of salvation for all humanity that doesn't require faith in Jesus Christ!
- John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” There is no salvation apart from the precious name of Jesus. See also, Acts 4:10-12.
- Matthew 7:21-23, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Clearly, not everybody goes to Heaven. If you refuse to do God's will (which according to John 6:40 is to “BELIEVE” on the Son of God) you are going to Hell.
- Revelation 20:13-15, “And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” As you just read, there is a Hell. There is a second death. There is a lake that burns with fire, where everybody whose name is not recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life will be punished according to their works for ever!
- 2nd Thessalonians 1:8-9, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.” Could the Bible be any plainer that God punishes all Christ-rejecters in Hell forever? I think not.
- Acts 26:28, “Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.” Since King Agrippa was not saved, and the apostle Paul was attempting to win him over to Christianity, obviously everyone is not automatically saved as Bishop Carlton Pearson sinfully claims.
I could mention hundreds more passages of Scripture that teach us salvation must be received as a gift, and does not include unbelievers. Bishop Pearson is teaching Satanic heresy and should be run out of every church in existence! Woe unto the church that embraces a theological fool such as Carlton Pearson! No one can believe the Holy Bible and simultaneously deny the existence of Hell.
Admittedly, the ungodly film "COME SUNDAY' was not intended for religious people, who already know what they believe. Rather, the film was intended to hinder millions of people from being saved, by appealing to their human understanding with the idea that a compassionate God who sent His only begotten Son to die for everybody, would never send anybody to be punished in Hell. ...
Neither Ejiofor nor Marston feels that “Come Sunday” was specifically made for religious viewers. On a deeper level, it's about inclusion and why inclusivity is essential in all aspects of life, not just in Christianity.
SOURCE: LA Times - Chiwetel Ejiofor delves into a serious exploration of faith and spirituality for Netflix's 'Come Sunday'
BLASPHEMY!!! That is the Devil talking in the preceding quote. There is no “inclusivity” in Christianity apart from faith in Jesus! There is a Luciferian agenda at work in American society today to infiltrate, corrupt and change the churches, so that they will accept open homosexuality (a filthy sin), New Age (e.g., there are many paths to God), and pagan philosophies (e.g., there is no Hell to punish the wicked). Satan's greatest weapon is to con people into living the Christian life without ever being born again! You get “born again” by believing THE GOSPEL! There is no other way to be saved. Kindly, Carlton Pearson does NOT have a Gospel mindset, and is still hellbound in his sins. No man who thinks there is salvation apart from Jesus Christ is a Christian himself!!!
2nd Corinthians 4:3-4, “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” The ungodly movie 'COME SUNDAY' is simply a further attempt by the Devil to “BLIND” the minds of the lost, hindering them from seeing the truth of the Gospel. Although the Gospel is briefly mentioned in the film, the idea set forth in the film is that there are additional ways to get to Heaven. Anyone who dares to suggest that salvation exists outside of faith in Jesus Christ alone is of the Devil.
The Deadly Moral Dangers of Television
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false
teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies...” —2nd Peter 2:1
END OF ARTICLE
The Gospel In Just One Minute (by Pastor Max D. Younce)
“No Christian will ever have his
name blotted out of the Lamb’s book of life, for
all such have eternal life—which is unforfeitable and everlasting.”
The Gospel Is Eternal Security!
God's Need For Human Weakness
Opponents of Lordship Salvation
The Unbiblical REPENTANCE Heresy!
Spurgeon DIDN'T Teach Lordship Salvation
Harry Ironside DIDN'T Teach Lordship Salvation
Job 38:22, “Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail.”
of the child of God is that he loves everybody!”
(a beautiful quote from Pastor Jack Hyles' classic MP3 sermon, “FORGIVENESS”)
“A man can slip into hell with his hand on the door-knob of heaven.” —Evangelist Billy Sunday
BELIEVE “THE GOSPEL” 2B SAVED!
Confession Is Never A Requirement For Salvation
'The Gospel' In Just One Minute(by Pastor Max D. Younce)
“As a blind man has no idea of colors, so we have no idea of the manner
which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things.” —Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Another Gospel Which Is Not Another (a red-hot MP3 by Dr. Curtis Hutson exposing Lordship Salvation)
“If you have to look at your life to prove that you are saved, it proves that you're not!” —Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold; an excellent quote from the awesome YouTube sermon titled, “Why Lordship Salvation is WRONG! | MP3.”