Why I Believe the King James Bible is God's Word
by David J. Stewart | January 2017
Psalms 12:6-7, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”
I'm writing the following article while listening to Dr. Peter Ruckman's (1921-2016) excellent sermon titled, “Why I believe the King James Bible is the Word of God!” Here's the MP3 to download if you'd like. Although I don't agree with all of Dr. Ruckman's doctrinal positions, I wholeheartedly agree that the King James Bible is the inspired, preserved, inerrant, infallible, holy, blood-sprinkled, Word of God. Psalms 119:160, “Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.” Respectfully, what I am teaching may not necessarily be what Dr. Ruckman teaches in his sermon. I just don't want to speak for him. I greatly admire Dr. Ruckman, although I never met him, and I think his preaching is worth preserving, because he upheld THE TRUTH of God's Word.
The Word of God is absolute truth!!! When the U.S. Supreme Court talks about truth being “relevant,” they are liars! If all truth is relative, then there is more than one truth, and children in public schools ought to have access to more than one truth. The wicked people behind the removal of God's Word from the schools are dirty liars and crooks!
The inspiration of God's Word is a crucial subject, not a hobby-horse. The issue is over the Bible being God's final and only authority! If you don't have a King James Bible, you don't have an inspired holy Bible. Jesus exclaimed in John 6:63, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” All of the modern Bible revisions are DEAD!!! They all originate from the Devil's manuscripts, tampered with by Origen in Alexandria, Egypt.
Ungodly men have taken the words of the living God and perverted them!!! Jeremiah 23:36, “And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.”
Here are several reasons WHY I BELIEVE THE KING JAMES BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD:
- NO COPYRIGHT - The King James Bible is the only Bible that doesn't have a copyright. But you say, “What about the originals?” I'm not worried about the originals, I'm only worried about the one I hold in my hand!!! Copyrights are for MAKING MONEY! But you say, “It has the crown copyright in England.” That is totally different than the copyright process in America, where you can be taken to court and sued. No one could ever legally prosecute you for printing the King James Bible. NO ONE!!! It's public domain!!! Try to print your own New International Version (NIV) and see what happens! There is no enforceable copyright for the KJB!!! God's words CANNOT be copyrighted!!!
- THE TIME IN WHICH IT FIRST APPEARED IN THE WORLD - In 1611 French atheism, English deists and German rationalists weren't thriving in that time. They hadn't showed up yet in history! It was a time of strong resistance against the evils of Roman Catholicism. In the 19th century, Brooke Westcott and Fenton Hort were diseased with infidelity!!! They're the modern fathers of ALL modern Bible revisions!!! Bob Jones University, Moody Bible Institute, Liberty Baptist University... ALL TEACH AND PROMOTE THE CORRUPT WESTCOTT AND HORT GREEK!!! Shame on Bob Jones for recommending the satanic Alexandrian texts!!!
- GOD'S PROMISE TO PRESERVE HIS WORDS - Psalms 12 6-7, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.” The King James Bible is preserved and inspired. What good is preservation without inspiration? If God's words are not inspired (i.e., empowered living words by the Holy Spirit), then what would be the purpose for preserving them? And what good is inspiration if those God-breathed words are not preserved? You MUST have both!!! The King James translators honored the King, feared God and approached the task of translating the holy Bible with the utmost respect and delicacy. Proverbs 8:8-9, “All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them. They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.”
- THE HONESTY OF ITS PRESERVATION - When the translators of the King James Bible came across a text which required additional words to clarify the text, they placed the words in italics to notify the reader. That's admirable scholarship my friend!!! Not one modern Bible revisions approaches the Word of God with such honesty and caution. The translators of today's modern versions are dirty scoundrels, language butchers, liars and deceivers!!! Please read, “THE UGLY TRUTH ABOUT BIBLE TRANSLATIONS!!!.” Noah was a preacher of righteousness, yet he got drunk. David wrote over half the Psalms, yet he commit adultery and murder. Moses had a hot temper, yet God used him to pen the first five books of the Bible. Likewise, the King James Bible translators weren't perfect men, yet God used them to translate the Bible. I DON'T believe that God gave any new revelation to the King James translators. They simply worked with existing translations and God led them, overseeing their important work. God didn't speak through the King James Bible translators, as He did through holy men of old in the Scriptures; but God honored His solemn promise to keep and preserve His inspired texts unto every generation!!!
- THE PRIDE AND DISHONESTY OF ITS CRITICS - There's not a more crooked and unethical bunch of people than those who put out the modern Bible versions!!! What shady people! They are full of wicked pride and inconsistency!!!